Hi Kirill,

Nowhere in my last three e-mails did I imply that the process was arbitrary or
unfair.  I have expressed in both my correspondence to this list AND to my
private correspondence with the parties involved that it is your prerogative to
determine our status or not.  That’s fine and dandy, and we’ve come to accept
that.

But what I will NOT stand for is that you seem to imply that we should be
thoroughly discredited for our mistakes.  I’m sorry, but that’s the signal I’m
getting from the opposing side here: that I have no right to contest your
narrative of what happened because you seem to be in the right and I, by virtue
of having led Wikimedia Philippines to the ground — something that still weighs
very heavily on my conscience — should just shut up and accept things as they
are.

You talk of forgiveness and acceptance for these efforts.  But you seem to
forget one thing that’s important here: compassion.  We felt we were on the
right track with getting our house in order, and asked for more time to do so
when the axe came to fall.  The situation isn’t as black and white as you paint
it to be: it could’ve been that the revocation notice period wasn’t invoked
because we were on the right track and that we could use more support in
getting our affairs in order, but that wasn’t what happened here.  That’s fine
with us now, but don’t you dare tell me that you respect our efforts now when
we’ve been telling you this for months.

In any scenario, we will return to compliance.  I’ll make sure myself that we
do, and there are people at WMPH who intend to make that happen.  But whether
you will appreciate these efforts is the ball in your court, not ours.

Josh

> [...]
>> other side thus far, and I'm here to make sure that people know that we in
>> fact DID try to return to compliance.
>> Thanks,
>> Josh
>> (P.S.: For those asking, PhilWiki is not affiliated with WMPH.  PhilWiki
>> is a splinter group that was founded by a former member of Wikimedia
>> Philippines, and is largely based in the Bicol Region in southern Luzon.
>> WMPH, meanwhile, was based in Manila and had members nationwide.)
>> JAMES JOSHUA G. LIM
>> Block I1, AB Political Science
>> Major in Global Politics, Minor in Chinese Studies
>> Class of 2013, Ateneo de Manila University
>> Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
>>
>> jamesjoshua...@yahoo.com | +63 (977) 831-7582
>> Facebook/Twitter: akiestar | Wikimedia: Sky Harborhttps://joshlim.me
>> On Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 3:58:48 AM PDT, Ting Chen <wing.phil...@gmx.de>
>> wrote:Hello Gnangarra,
>>
>> I joined AffCom in 2015, at that time the issue with Wikimedia
>> Philippines was already on the table. The AffCom and the WMF had tried
>> two years to get a settlement without a de-recognition with them.
>> Meanwhile it is 2017, I don't believe Josh could resolve the problem in
>> the last five hours which the entire Wikimedia Philippines was not able
>> to resolve in the past two years. As I said in my other post, I
>> personally don't think it wise to withhold information, especially
>> obviously the people who would be "protected" don't appreciate being
>> protected. But actually on the decision itself if there is something the
>> AffCom is to be blamed, it is that it took them two years of time to
>> make that hard decision. It was overdue, actually.
>>
>> Greetings
>>
>> Ting
>>

>> Am 25.04.2017 um 11:43 schrieb Gnangarra:
>>> In the original email from Josh he raises some points about still working
>>> to address the issues in the five hours between his email and your
>> response
>>> which have occurred between 9pm and 2am in San Francisco it appears that
>> it
>>> could not be possible for the WMF to have considered and refuted what was
>>> raised, especially to say
>>> *"The WMF and the AffCom have decided not to disclose further
>> details​."  *​I
>>> am concerned about how you can speak so categorically after just 5 hours
>>> for the WMF when they arent even awake​, especially given it normally
>> takes
>>> a few days for any official statement from the WMF.
>>>
>>> I have no problem with affiliates being deregistered but the process
>> should
>>> be transparent and it should also be fair, no discussion or response to
>>> what Josh raised publically is neither fair nor transparent
>>>
>>> Josh response was that WMPH was accountable you could have least given
>> him
>>> the chance to clarify the availability of the reporting requirements by

JAMES JOSHUA G. LIM
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
Class of 2013, Ateneo de Manila University
Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines

jamesjoshua...@yahoo.com <mailto:jamesjoshua...@yahoo.com> | +63 (977) 831-7582
Facebook/Twitter: akiestar | Wikimedia: Sky Harbor
http://joshlim.me <http://joshlim.me/>