On 26 April 2017 at 09:23, Andrea Zanni <zanni.andre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Last time I remember we had a discussion┬╣ was September 2011 (!):
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2011-September/thread.html

Everyone interested in Wikified news should read the Wikinews threads
in that page.

That's where the complaint that Wikinews is process-heavy comes from.
But it really isn't process-heavy at all, if you look at the actual
process. The blocker appears to have been insufficient or careless
reviewers. (Japan getting a new Prime Minister apparently not being
relevant to Wikinews because the sources weren't in English.)

You'll also see numbers as to why it looks like a dead project from
any reasonable outside perspective.

- d.