From: Wikimedia-l [mailto:wikimedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of
Samuel Klein
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2017 17:55
To: Wikimedia Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikitribune!

Interesting, thanks Erik.  I like those views!

The jump in Wikivoyage activity in 2013 is telling: public attention to
projects has a tremendous difference in their ability to attract and keep
dedicated long-term contributors.

That's one of the only times we've had a set of big public news items and
discussions about a sister project, in a decade.  [It would be nice to see
similar charts for commons/wikidata/wikispecies; those generally had less
dramatic / more niche public attention, and mainly around their founding.]

Samuel Klein          @metasj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266
<(617)%20529-4266>