What made me happy this week was the discovery of some good scientific
imagery that was openly licensed!

The USDA has created a bunch of identification sites for species of
agricultural interest and released the images into the public domain.
I was looking for images of a particular mite and discovered the Bee
Mite site has released most of their images and all of their text to
the PD [1]. (I have uploaded to commons although done a bit of a hack
job on it). There are other sites which would also be a candidate for
batch upload, which are listed here: http://idtools.org/identify.php
(anyone interested in molluscs?)

I have also discovered this Clinical Skills textbook licensed under CC
by 4 attribution.[2] I am in the process of adding some high quality
medical diagrams to articles on wiki. This same website hosts a bunch
of other open text books which may be a similarly good source of
content: https://opentextbc.ca/

[1] http://idtools.org/id/mites/beemites/
[2] https://opentextbc.ca/clinicalskills/