I do not think that WMF funding would be the best solution for the
Signpost, as it would raise questions about their journalism independence
and integrity. There are many other options to explore, though, like grants
from Knight Foundation <https://knightfoundation.org/programs/journalism>
 and MacArthur Foundation
<https://www.macfound.org/info-grantseekers/grantmaking-guidelines/media-grant-guidelines/>
if
we are really going to go with paid contributor as Pine suggested.

But I would also suggest the option to integrate Signpost with its sister
publications in other Wikipedia edition, such as Der Kurier in German
Wikipedia and Correio da Wikip├ędia in Portuguese Wikipedia. I think it
would be beneficial to integrate all community news publication that
currently exists, but also retains its multilingual edition.

Salam,
Ramzy.

*Ramzy Muliawan*
Reporter, LN North Star
<http://northstaronline.org/staff/?writer=Ramzy%20Muliawan>
Editor and administrator, id.wp - min.wp - meta.wiki
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Muhraz>
Blog <http://ramzym.blogspot.com/> / Medium <https://medium.com/@ramzym> /
Twitter <https://twitter.com/ramzymuliawan> / Public PGP Key
<https://keybase.io/ramzy/key.asc>