Well, before we talk about funding the Signpost through the WMF or through
a non-WMF source, lets ask if that is what the folks who actually work on
the Signpost would like?  There's a pretty big assumption here that the
writers there would like to be paid in the manner of a college newspaper,
with all the responsibility that goes with that.

It seems to me that the Signpost has a lot of problems, but they're not the
sort of problems easily fixed by throwing money at them.

Cheers,
Craig