On Thu, 11 May 2017 at 14:32 James Heilman <jmh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Excellent to see.

Absolutely.

> This complements nicely the RefToolbar on EN WP.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:RefToolbar
>
> Will this lead to improvements in that tool? RefToolbar has trouble pulling
> the year of publication based on the ISBN.

Possibly, but not from the Wikimedia Foundation.

Gadgets are, by design, community-written and community-supported. The
English Wikipedia community has a large number of technical experts who
might help out in improving, or replacing, that gadget for the 2010-era
wikitext editor. Most other wikis have no internal technical support; it's
important that we ensure that we give help to those communities.

J.
--

James D. Forrester
Lead Product Manager, Editing