A paid position to take care of the coordination of the publication might
help. If such a position was not involved in content I would see less issue
with the funds for it coming from a movement grant.

Translation of more from the German Kurier could also be another good
source of content. And such a position could also involve setting up
content for translation into other languages.

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 11:54 PM, Pine W <wiki.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> During my time at the *Signpost*, there were large fluctuations in the
> supply of people who had the time, willingness, and skills to write regular
> features for the *Signpost* and work on the publication process. As far as
> I know, the labor supply is still the biggest problem. The discussion on
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Wikipedia_Signpost supports
> that view, although there is also some discussion about technical problems
> with the publication process.
>
> I think that the labor supply problem could be partially addressed by
> making at least some Signpost work into part-time paid work.
>
> However, I'm not sure that anyone with the required financial resources
> would be willing to fund this work. I think that is the biggest step that
> would need to be addressed.
>
> If work on the *Signpost* isn't funded and if volunteer availability
> continues to be limited at best, then unfortunately the *Signpost* may
> become a shadow of its former self, or fade into memory indefinitely. I
> would be sorry to see either of those outcomes. I think that the *Signpost*
> performed a valuable community service as a reliable weekly or semi-weekly
> publication with a variety of informative and interesting content.
>
> Pine

James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian

The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine