Hi Katherine,

Thanks for sharing this update.

I have two general questions, not directed at anyone in particular, but
perhaps you or someone from the strategy leadership could comment.

1. The five themes articulate grand visions, but I wonder how realistic it
is that progress toward these visions could be provided with the necessary
resources.

For example, there have been many initiatives on growing communities over
the years, and it's unclear to me if any of these initiatives have led to
significant and sustained increases in content contributors (who are human
resources).

Changing focus to financial resources, I think that there is significant
room for improvement in the design and speed of our interfaces but
financial resources for design, engineering, and research paid staff have
been insufficient to close the gap between Wikipedia and other online
destinations such as Facebook and Google. My impression is that Wikipedia
is 10 to 15 years behind Facebook and Google in terms of our ease of use.

My question is, how could we dramatically expand our human and financial
resources so that we could have a realistic hope of achieving the goals
articulated in the strategy themes?

2. It seems to me that the Wikimedia universe has always had some tension
between priorities, such as privacy and transparency. I see similar tension
in these themes between the goal of having "projects flourish from the
healthy community we cultivate together" and the goal of "upholding our
standards for verifiable, neutral and comprehensive knowledge." The
verifiability and neutrality of content are frequently in dispute, and it
seems likely to me that this will always be the case. I am wondering how we
reconcile our goals of verifiable and neutral information, supporting the
value of freedom of expression, and cultivating healthy communities. I've
struggled with these questions myself and I don't think that there are
definitive answers, but perhaps someone involved in the strategy process
could talk about how to address situations where strategy goals are in
tension with each other.

Thank you,

Pine