On 14 June 2017 at 15:57, Faidon Liambotis <fai...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> The EOTK stuff are interesting but not really an option for us -- they
> rely on a edge (nginx) server performing content manipulation blindly,
> which is a bad idea for many reasons, security amongst them.

Hi again Faidon!

I'd love to know more about the security issues in particular.  Do please
tell?

However, it hasn't been a priority for me or my team for these reasons:
> - As long as communities feel so-and-so about Tor overall, and e.g.
>   block edits from Tor users, it's hard to justify us in the Foundation
>   investing more time into it,

Concur.

I would love to know more about what you see as the inhibitors - especially
so that I can go fix them for the internet-community-at-large - however
this decision is one for the Wikipedia community to take.

I'll still happily help if you decide "yes", but WMF should make and own
the decision.

    -a

ps: reminder, I'd love to know more about the security issues. :-)

--
http://dropsafe.crypticide.com/aboutalecm