I would agree that it is a good idea for the Board to be discussing
transfers to the Endowment but perhaps not for the same reasons as SJ.  The
money raised by the Foundation has been given by donors, usually in small
amounts, to the Foundation where it is administered by the Board as
Trustees with at least some connection with the Community, some members of
whom have set out in public for the Community their positions on certain
questions of interest and indeed importance to the Community.  Transferring
that money to an endowment controlled by a committee of advisors with no
connection with the community, and who have so far made no public
presentation of how they intend to invest or spend the money, seems a
retrograde step, and one that the Board would do well to scrutinise
carefully.

"Rogol"