Gerard

It's a Wikimedia event, because it is "organized for and by the Wikidata
community".  It is a technical event, because it you are welcome if you
"build scripts, gadgets or external tools" among other criteria.  So it is
a Wikimedia technical event, which is the qualifying critrion for the Code
of Conduct: "It applies both within physical spaces, such as Wikimedia
technical events and Wikimedia technical presentations in other events
[...]"

As to the difference it makes: the Code of Conduct describes expected ways
of behaviour and lays down procedures for how to deal with breaches, which
the organisers and others are required to adhere to.

"Rogol"