IMHO, it is the consequence of the lack of a clear storage policy for medias
and files. Commons is not structured (yet),  Wikisource is fragmented in many
languages and that's one of the side effect.
The same problem apply also for the information on epigraphy or plates for
example. Or ancient documents that are not printed books, such as hand-written
letters.
In real life, in a big and multidisciplinary academic library all these
collections (books in different languages, music note sheets, audio files,
DVDs) might be scattered in different sections or on different supports, but it
would unusual to create on the long term the sort of classification we have. In
my experience, they can be separated by theme (e.g. a music library containg
all media file and books about music or an archeological library offering
database of inscriptions and academic books), but not by "supports". Books on
one side, images and audio file on the other, and whatever is left over, it
looks like we lack a clear organization strategy.
And it's strange sometimes when you work with newbies or expert people from the
academia. They see wikidata and they don't get why commons is still not
structured at the same level. They see dozens of different wikisources and they
don't get why, if commons and wikidata can exist as multilingual platform, in
wikisource language separation is such a big deal.
One day we really should start rethink the general architecture of our file
storage.
Alex

    Il Venerdì 23 Giugno 2017 4:49, Romaine Wiki <romaine.w...@gmail.com> ha