Hello,

I am Adele Vrana, Director of Strategic Partnerships at the Foundation.

We have contacts at Amazon and will seek to clarify the questions raised on
this thread. I will make sure to circle back with you once we have an
update.

All the best,
Adele

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 10:13 AM, Simon Poole <si...@poole.ch> wrote:

> Am 27.07.2017 um 18:37 schrieb Andreas Kolbe:
> >
> > Edward Joseph "Ed" Snowden ...
> >
> > I will not spend an hour trying to identify the exact article version
> that
> > matches Alexa's output in that video best, but it's safe to assume that
> > this inserted "Ed", too, came from Wikipedia, even though it had gone by
> > the time the video was uploaded to YouTube.
>
> The current (full) answer is
>
> 'Edward Joseph "Ed" Snowden, the American computer professional former
> CIA employee, and government contractor who leaked classified
> information from the U.S. National Security Agency in 2013.'
>
> Now obviously there could be -lots- going on behind the scenes, for
> example long term caching of search results (difficult to believe that
> Bing would allow that if it is really from them, but who knows) and so on.
>
> Simon

*Adele Vrana*
*Strategic Partnerships - Global Reach*
Wikimedia Foundation
+1 (415) 839-6885 ext. 6773
avr...@wikimedia.org

sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment. Donate.
<https://donate.wikimedia.org/>*