Correct Ting

At the moment, we are still in the hopes of saving it.
I do not think losing the chapter agreement at the moment would be helpful.

Flo

Le 03/08/2017 à 13:30, Ting Chen a écrit :
Hello dear all,

at first I would object that the Foundation do such a thing, even as a denkexperiment. This may be seen as an easy way to react on a crisis but this opens doors for misuse of power. In a different situation, a different time, with a different WMF board and ED, this can open a door to do a lot of harm to the movement.

Second, @Florence and other WMFR members: If the chapter is really beyond repair, I think a better way is to create a new organization, join as a user group. This can lead in a few possible outcomes:

- The old chapter could struggle and lose further ground, lose funding, missing reports, etc. which at some time will also lead to lose of chapter status. The new user group, if it performs well, can then apply for the chapter status

- The old chapter can reform itself, regain its foot step, and come back in course.

The point is, you can be member of both the old and the new organization / group, they don't exclude each other. With the new group you can also create pressure from outside to get the old chapter back in course.

I believe this is the more ordered way to get a better solution. It certainly is the longer and more difficult way. But the dark side of the force is always easier and quicker.

Greetings

Ting