I wonder if WMF would be willing to let a non-WMF affiliate put up
fundraising (which I consider to be another form of advertising, and
perhaps some survey respondents did too) banners to get funds for COIN and
related backlogs. Perhaps if the fundraising was done by a separate
organization, then these efforts could be funded while minimizing the risks
to WMF's legal protections.

Pine