Personally I think the endowment is a great idea,
stability and growth for our movement are paramount, IF, we use our money
in the best way we can.

I also don't really care about how big the banner is: it's a minor
inconvenience to click the "Hide" button (provided that we are able to hide
automatically the button for those who actually donated: they deserve a
bannerless page. I remember some complaints during the years about this).

What it's more important to me is where are we putting donors' money, both
in terms of endowment and actual spending.
The WMF is spending money to serve the movement, and how effective and
efficient they are
should be our only focus.

Regarding the endowment, the only little complaint I have is *where* we are
investing those money.
Reading the documentation page [1], I don't see mentioned anything
regarding
ethical or socially responsible investing (SRI).

There are many funds (of stocks or ETFs) that manage selected "ethical"
financial products:
these are also our values, and I think we should put donors' money where
our mouth is.
(I get that sometimes non-ethical investments yield more money, but at
least we should have this discussion)

Aubrey

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Endowment