Lisa

Thanks for that explanation.  If it had already been decided to contribute
the $5M to the Endowment before the offer of matching funds, then there
would be no appearance of the offer influencing the Board's decision.  Can
you confirm that was the case?  But the main point of my question to the
Board is to ask why they decided that placing this large sum into the
Endowment was more important than using it to support the work of the
volunteer community (whether or not the offer of matching funds was part of
that decision) directly.  Can you throw any light on their reasons?

Rudyard