Hey Brad,

I can see that confusing people is not what we should be aiming for :)
Would it help sooth your mind when there is a clear distinction between
content and banner, even if the look and feel is the same? (I can imagine
that you could accomplish this by doing the banner at full site width, for
example)
Just thinking out loud here, because I can resonate with your objection to
this particular design - but at the same time I recognize that community
members have been asking Fundraising to make the banners less 'in your
face' and 'ad-like' (which is by far the obvious way to make sure nobody
gets confused about the seperation).

Best,
Lodewijk