On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 12:03 PM, Lodewijk <lodew...@effeietsanders.org>
wrote:

> I can see that confusing people is not what we should be aiming for :)
> Would it help sooth your mind when there is a clear distinction between
> content and banner, even if the look and feel is the same? (I can imagine
> that you could accomplish this by doing the banner at full site width, for
> example)

I suspect making a clear distinction and making it use the same look and
feel are opposing goals. But I'm not a very good designer, maybe you can
make it work somehow.

> but at the same time I recognize that community
> members have been asking Fundraising to make the banners less 'in your
> face' and 'ad-like' (which is by far the obvious way to make sure nobody
> gets confused about the seperation).

My gut feeling there is that those people will consider a full-page ad as
being "in your face" whether it looks like a traditional banner or like
content.

Personally, I'd rather have clearly demarcated ads. When ads try to blend
into content too well, I feel like the advertiser is trying to trick me.

--
Brad Jorsch (Anomie)
Senior Software Engineer