​--​ True. I also saw the banner several times (not this year)​ until I
enabled " Suppress display of fundraiser banners" in preferences>>gadgets
(tried on En Wikipedia). As a sidenote I found it very difficult to donate
using an Indian Visa debit card or internet banking (that's all I have). It
would be great if someone can suggest me (feel free to PM me or write to
User talk:Titodutta directly) how to donate using the mentioned payment
options.

Thanks
Tito Dutta
Note: If I don't reply to your email in 2 days, please feel free to remind
me over email or phone call.