Hey Strainu,

You are probably right in that you saw a banner but regarding specifically
fundraising banners, I am 100% certain that the WMF does not and has not
for some years actively shown banners to users who are logged in. The
caveat with that is this does not preclude any possibility of human error
or a software bug. I'm not aware of any specific occasion where this has
occurred in the last two years but with a piece of software that serves
billions of page views, across 20-30 countries and some probably some 3000
banner tests during that period, probabilities that something hadn't gone
wrong start reaching levels of sigma that not even I would attempt to claim
:P

Regards

Seddon

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 1:38 PM, Strainu <strain...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Changing subject, the other thread is about something totally different.

> > WMF hasn't shown fundraising banners to logged in users for several
> years.
>
> While I wouldn't bet my life on it, I'm pretty sure I saw banners on
> mobile just last month, while being logged in.
>
> Strainu
>

> > Regards
> > Seddon
> >

> > On 5 Sep 2017 08:33, "Lodewijk" <lodew...@effeietsanders.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Hey Ori,
> >>
> >> I like the creative thinking :) For the fundraising that could indeed
> work
> >> well (although I have no numbers on what percentage of domations comes
> from
> >> logged in users etc), but there are also campaigns tht are quite
> relevant
> >> for logged in users.
> >>
> >> Lodewijk

> projects at
> And
> notice /
> again,
> the

> from
> Since
> the

Seddon

*Advancement Associate (Community Engagement)*
*Wikimedia Foundation*