Hello,

We've published a blog post about the remote strategy we deployed for this
year's Wikimania, including links to where you can find session notes,
presentations, videos, and more.[1] Please take a look!

Best,
--Ed

[1] https://blog.wikimedia.org/2017/09/05/wikimania-2017-materials/

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 11:51 AM, Denise Jansen <jan...@wikimedia.nl> wrote:

> Great, thanks for the info!
>

> Denise Jansen
> Projectleider
> Wikimedia Nederland
>
> tel. 06  2952 0069
> (ma, di, do)
>
> *Postadres*:                                                 *
> Bezoekadres:*
> Postbus 167                                                Mariaplaats 3
> 3500 AD  Utrecht                                         Utrecht
>
> *Wikimedia Nederland organiseert regelmatig bijeenkomsten, u bent daarbij
> van harte welkom. Kijk voor meer informatie in onze agenda
> <https://www.wikimedia.nl/pagina/agenda>.*

> > Hello!
> >
> > As many of you know, Wikimania 2017 will take place in Montréal, Canada
> > from 9–13 August.
> >
> > If you cannot attend this year, there are still opportunities to follow
> > along remotely. Keynote sessions will be livestreamed [1] and recorded
> > throughout the conference on YouTube [2] and Facebook Live [3].
> Additional
> > recorded sessions will be posted on the conference notes page [6] when
> they
> > become available. We are asking all speakers to designate a notetaker for
> > their session, and to copy the template [8] for use in their session.
> >
> > You can also follow @Wikimania [4] and the hashtag #wikimania [5] on
> > Twitter. We will round up presentations and highlights for both Meta and
> > our blog after the conference ends. [6] You can also search the full
> > programme schedule. [7]
> >
> > Please respond here or contact me directly with any questions or ideas to
> > make this experience better for remote participants.
> >
> > - Mel
> >

> > [1] The Livestream schedule is here:
> > https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/Livestreamed_keynotes
> >
> > [2] YouTube livestream links:
> > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK_cUZLMpibyRiIdp0uF-lQ
> >
> > [3] Facebook links will be posted on the livestream schedule when
> > available. The keynote talks will be livestreamed on the Wikipedia
> Facebook
> > page: https://www.facebook.com/wikipedia/
> >
> > [4] https://twitter.com/Wikimania
> >
> > [5] https://twitter.com/search?q=%23wikimania&src=tyah
> >
> > [6] A full list of conference sessions is here:
> > https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/All_Session_Notes Notes and
> > presentations will be posted as they become available.
> >
> > [7] Complete program schedule
> > https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/Programme
> >
> > [8] Notetaking template:
> > https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/Wikimania2017-template
> >

> > --
> > Melody Kramer <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:MKramer_(WMF)>
> > Senior Audience Development Manager
> > Read a random featured article from Wikipedia!
> > <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:RandomInCategory/
> Featured_articles>
> >
> > mkra...@wikimedia.org

Ed Erhart
Editorial Associate | Wikimedia Foundation
Wikimedia blog <https://blog.wikimedia.org/> | eerh...@wikimedia.org
Read a random featured article from the English Wikipedia
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:RandomInCategory/Featured_articles>