An interesting paper. We know that a sizable proportion of articles
about people are paid for by the individual themselves or their
representative.

I just looked at the gender of all articles created by this sock
involved in undisclosed paid editing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Bri/COIbox61#Jeremy112233

Of the 104 BLPs they wrote 87 (84%) were for males and 17 (16%) were
for females. The current proportions may partly reflect that males are
more interested / willing to buying articles about themselves than
females.

James

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 10:55 AM, Eduardo Testart <etest...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> One of the members from Wikimedia Chile, independently from the chapter and
> before he became a member, was directly involved in the development of the
> following article, that adress the gender inequality (or gender bias), and
> which gives the title to the email:
>
> *https://epjdatascience.springeropen.com/articles/10.1140/epjds/s13688-016-0066-4
> <https://epjdatascience.springeropen.com/articles/10.1140/epjds/s13688-016-0066-4>*
>

> It was published almost a year and half ago (March 1, 2016), and from an
> internal and informal conversation that occurred yesterday in the Chapter,
> he shared the link to the complete study
> <https://epjdatascience.springeropen.com/articles/10.1140/epjds/s13688-016-0066-4>
> (in English). Worth to mention is that he presented preliminary results
> <https://www.slideshare.net/carnby/wmcl2015-investigando-usando-wikipedia>
> (in Spanish) about it in the Wikimedia Chile Conference
> <https://wikimedia.cl/Conferencia_Wikimedia_Chile_2015> from 2015.
>

> I read the complete article yesterday, and found it extremely interesting,
> so I took the liberty to share it here, in case you haven’t had the chance
> to read it yet.
>

> Also, the article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons
> Attribution 4.0 International License :)
>

> Cheers!
> --
> Eduardo Testart

James Heilman