Based on your definition of community does that mean that mediawiki
developers are not part of the Wikimedia community?

Are people who volunteer in the real world or teachers who incorporate
Wikipedia into their classes not part of the Wikimedia community?

Members of staff of GLAM institutions who we partner with and who
evangelise on our behalf? Are they not part of the Wikimedia community?

This more inclusive definition has long been used by some affiliates.

To exclude these individuals would be against the very values of openness
that we claim to represent and to be blunt, simply alienating.

Seddon