Hi all,

This is super interesting and important discussion. One idea.

> On 10 Oct 2017, at 3.44, Erik Moeller <eloque...@gmail.com> wrote:
> And for most of the sources amalgamated in this manner, if provenance
> is indicated at all, we don't find any of the safeguards we have for
> Wikimedia content (revisioning, participatory decision-making,
> transparent policies, etc.). Editability, while opening the floodgate
> to a category of problems other sources don't have, is in fact also a
> safeguard: making it possible to fix mistakes instead of going through
> a "feedback" form that ends up who knows where.

Would it make sense to help and maybe even demand the proprietary service
providers and AI application (Siri, Google, etc) using the Wikimedia content to
include a statement if their reuse is from a "native version of live Wikimedia”
and also this way tell that they do not?

I think this can be compared to the consumer movement requiring that the origin
of food products should be trackable all they way to the original producer (eg.
farm).

I was thinking that if the service providers are taking data dumps of Wikimedia
for their own use, today we do not know if they have made some edits in it.

- Teemu