On 26 Oct 2017 09:00, "Nicole Ebber" <nicole.eb...@wikimedia.de> wrote:

Dear Wikimedians,

Today marks the final milestone of phase 1 of our movement strategy
process. Over the past eight months, many of you, of your peers,
colleagues, partners and friends have contributed to an endeavor that
resulted in the new Strategic Direction of the Wikimedia movement.

This direction provides us with an answer to the question: What do we
want to build and achieve as a movement over the next 10–15 years: By
2030, Wikimedia will become the essential infrastructure of the
ecosystem of free knowledge, and anyone who shares our vision will be
able to join us.[1]

On behalf of the strategy team, it’s with great pleasure that I invite
you today to declare your intent to work together towards this future.
Organized groups as well as individual contributors of our movement
are invited to endorse the Strategic Direction by adding their
signature to the endorsement page on Meta-Wiki. You will find all
necessary instructions there.[2]

By endorsing the Strategic Direction, you are not necessarily agreeing
with every single outcome of the first phase. Endorsing means that you
commit to participating in the next phase of this discussion in good
faith and to help define, by Wikimania 2018, how to come to an
agreement on roles, responsibilities, and organizational strategies
that enable us to implement that future.

In addition to signing the meta page, you are all welcome to use the
#wikimedia2030 hashtag on social media to celebrate and share your
excitement with the world and encourage other Wikimedians to show
their support, too.

Ideally, please leave questions or remarks on the talk page, to make
it easier to follow-up in a structured way.

Thank you!
Nicole

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_
movement/2017/Direction#Our_strategic_direction:_Service_and_Equity
[2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_
movement/2017/Direction/Endorsement

--
Nicole Ebber
Adviser International Relations

Wikimedia Deutschland - Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.
V. Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts
Berlin-Charlottenburg unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig
anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin,
Steuernummer 27/029/42207.

Could Nicole, or someone else who is acting for the WMF, rephrase "Please
note that the strategic direction will not be renegotiated, and *the
endorsement is also a necessary step in order to participate in phase 2
discussions*." This needs clarification to ensure that the same values of
transparency and openness declared in the Movement Strategy applies to its
own process.

As currently worded, no afflilate that is committed to openness should
endorse the document, as it appears to create a closed club that
deliberately excludes all possible critical future voices. Whatever that
is, it is not the Wikimedia Community.

Thanks
Fae