Maybe you should first discuss any contest like this with community and
then come with a suitable idea.

Your willingness to invest on this is something valuable and should be used
on a project that fits with WMF goals.

Teles

Em ter, 21 de nov de 2017 às 14:19, Tighe Flanagan <tflana...@wikimedia.org>
escreveu:

> To echo LiAnna and Wiki Education's take, the Wikimedia Foundation's
> education team support activities that get students to contribute to
> Wikimedia projects as part of their learning. While the contexts may vary
> from country to country and classroom to classroom, the students contribute
> according to Wikimedia project norms (neutrality, citations, etc). This
> type of proposed assignment/competition seems out of scope and we could not
> support it on our end either.
>
> Best,
> Tighe
>
> --
> Tighe Flanagan
> Senior Manager, Wikipedia Education Program
> Wikimedia Foundation
> tflana...@wikimedia.org
> education.wikimedia.org
>
> On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 11:52 AM, LiAnna Davis <lia...@wikiedu.org> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 1:27 AM, James Salsman <jsals...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > I offer $50 USD first prize and $25 for the runner-up for the best
> > > twelve paragraph essay on the topic of whether college students are
> > > likely to pay more in income taxes over their lifetime than the
> > > present value of the entire amount of their college tuition, room, and
> > > board expenses.
> > >
> > > This contest is open only to the top 50% of participants in the
> > > Wikimedia Education Program or WikiEd Foundation's student editors.
> > >
> > > If there are any objections to this contest, please let me know. If
> > > there are any reasons it shouldn't be communicated to the eligible,
> > > please let me know. I ask both foundations to match my award, taking
> > > the prizes to $150 and $75 if they agree. Thank you!
> > >

> > No. At the Wiki Education Foundation, we focus on teaching students to
> > write neutral, fact-based encyclopedia articles instead of essays; our
> > asking them to write essays would be counterproductive given the mission
> of
> > our program, our organization, and the Wikimedia movement. We will not
> > support this effort, and ask that you do not reach out to them on your
> own.
> >
> > LiAnna
> >

> > --
> > LiAnna Davis
> > Director of Programs; Deputy Director
> > Wiki Education
> > www.wikiedu.org

Steward for Wikimedia projects. Administrator at Portuguese Wikipedia and
Wikimedia Commons.
Sent from mobile. Please, excuse my brevity.

+55 (71) 99707 6409