Saluton Samuel kaj ĉiuj,

Le 23/11/2017 à 22:39, Samuel Klein a écrit :
On Nov 23, 2017 2:55 PM, "Emeric Vallespi" <emeric.valle...@gmail.com>
wrote:

<sniiip>

the Wikimedia community protect itself and its members by harassing and
defaming people who question
Please don't turn it to a inaccurate "us versus them" representation. Sure there are people in our community that misbehaves in reaction to a feeling of aggression. But condemning the whole community for also including this kind of behaviour is not constructive. We also have people who try, not vehemently, to listen to each party, bring compassion, and try to help solving conflicts through dialogue as far as possible.

Of course our community is not perfect, we are human, and nothing characterize better human beings than erroneous behaviours. But as far as I know, we don't promote harassment, or any form of violence, as an acceptable solution to problems we face.
I cannot imagine why anyone would attempt to defame you, when they cannot
hope to surpass the eloquence and thoroughness of your own writing.
Well, they are situation where having more reasonable arguments are not enough to meet prevalence in decisions. Typically when different decision can be imposed by force. That may be physical violence, psychological abuse, hierarchical authoritarian misconduct, and so on.

People are not always reacting with violent means because they are inherently wired to such a behaviour as first reaction. Often they will act like that as a last resort because they themselves feel assaulted and see no other mean to react.

I think it would be healthy to redact pattern/anti-pattern for that kind of problematic and extensively promote them. Currently we don't have much material pertaining harassment in our pattern library <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=Harassment&prefix=Learning+patterns%2F&fulltext=Search+the+Pattern+Library&fulltext=Search&searchToken=9ntgdc5ao83rezg4kxhiwx1am>.

Distingeble,
mathieu

—Sam.