Thank you for this information Tim, and welcome Peter, and Gabriele!

I know that the boards of Wikimedia- Germany, France, UK and Netherlands
have "appointed" seats (also known as "external" or "expert" seats), and so
too does the WMF. I assume that the formal legal process for these are all
different according to local laws, but I also assume that the purpose is
roughly the same: to ensure there is diversity of expertise and opinions,
to fill specifically identified skill gaps, and to guard against a mere
'popularity contest' election.

Do any other Chapters have "appointed" seats on their boards? Have some
Chapters tried, but rejected the concept?

wittylama.com
Peace, love & metadata