Denny, thanks for organizing and publishing!

You mentioned that the comm-tech team is the one "responsible for
investigating and addressing the top 10 wishes". I think the community
views WMF as more of a monolith, and I hope these votes have wider impact
on foundation priorities.  After all, commtech is only about 3% of the
staff (10 out of 291 [1]). I surely hope there is significantly more than
3% to tackle community wishes.

I think that by voting for something, the community would like WMF to
prioritize these directions above others in terms of new development work.
In other words, community speaks of **what** we think are the most
important projects, and WMF thinks of **how** it gets done - e.g. by
allocating resources, setting up a community tech team, realigning the
goals of the other teams, hiring contractors, etc etc.  It would be strange
if foundation spent significant resources on a project with marginal
interest, while ignoring community priorities.

Obviously this only applies to the new software developments, not any of
the maintenance work foundation has to do.

Thanks!!

--[[user:yurik]]

[1]:  https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Staff_and_contractors