Hoi,
Nina Simon wrote a blog post [1] that I think has a lot of merit for what
we could do to gain relevance. Nina is big in the GLAM world and the museum
she works for has an approach that will have a big effect when we consider
it carefully and implement it in the best way we can.
Thanks,
      GerardM

[1]
http://museumtwo.blogspot.nl/2018/02/are-participant-demographics-most.html