Le 02/03/2018 à 00:46, Jean-Philippe Béland a écrit :
I think this is à propos in this discussion about how authoritative can be
the Wiktionary... here a scientific article starts by using a definition
from the Wiktionary:
http://theconversation.com/de-facebook-au-developpement-des-plantes-quand-les-reseaux-sen-melent-90891

JP
Actually one point that wasn't indicated so far, is the Wiktionnaries have indeed not a equal quality for every single article, but where quality is there it outstand easily any other single dictionary out there. Also there are a growing number of words for which no definition is given outside the Wiktionary. I think that conjugated, it might easily accustom people to directly go look up in Wikitonary when they need a definition, whatever its authoritative level might be.