Yes, it makes sense.

This is yet another thing that is a challenge, not a blocker.

English speakers have a useful result from Wikipedia coming up in almost
every Google search. *Suspected* copyvio issues are an acceptable price to
pay for this privilege. (Particularly bad copyvio issues are handled
through OTRS.)

People who speak many other languages don't have the privilege of such high
availability of useful knowledge. So first, let's not imagine problems that
will prevent them from getting this. People who currently don't have this
wealth of information in their language wish that they had such a problem
(even if not consciously).

Besides, when people start getting useful search results in their language,
they will read the articles, and some of them will become editors and the
community will grow. It happened in English in 2002, and it can happen in
other languages.

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬