I like the idea, but have no clue as to how practicable it would be.
Cheers,
Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Wikimedia-l [mailto:wikimedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of
John Erling Blad
Sent: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 12:36 AM
To: Wikimedia Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] Paid translation

We do need better tools to curate the existing articles, but that is not a
blocker for new ways to create and edit articles.

For example, what if we could simply select a sentence, create a query on some
search engine, and then have an ai-bot crawl the result to see if one of the
hits can be used as a source? Turned around, the ai-bot could check the
sentences in an article and flag those it can't verify, thus guiding the editor
to back those sentences with references. That would off-load the bulk of the
work on sourcing articles.

Just an idea.