Hello again, everyone!

Whoops! Let me try again, this time without the unfinished sentence.

Hello there Andy,

Sure thing.

Rapid Grants will require Wikimedians who travel to non-Wikimedia events to
create a more robust engagement plan. The reason for this is to increase
the likelihood that their participation will have an impact on other
attendees. In TPS, we sometimes funded people who were presenting a talk at
an event like an academic conference. We will no longer fund Wikimedians to
attend non-Wikimedia events to present a talk. Now we ask that applicants
include additional elements in their plan besides presenting a talk, such
as hosting edit-a-thons, offering trainings or meet-ups, and/or arranging
for follow-up activities online after the event.

Occasionally, the TPS program received requests to support international
travel with budgets that were slightly over $2,000 USD. These requests came
in infrequently, but that type of grant request would be impacted by this
change. This change is aligned with our intention to focus on more regional
travel requests, which tend to be more cost-effective than international
travel requests (though this is of course very context specific!).

Yours sincerely,
Katy