Support the request that AffCom share their understanding of the scope
and authority of the announced User Group.

From the wording of "represent Wikimedia UK in Wales"[1], the UG is
not independent of WMUK and consequently acts as a Chapter subsidiary.
As far as I am aware, there is no other regional based UG which does
this.

As a corollary, the representation has legal implications for UK
Charity. WMUK must have both responsibility and the authority to
monitor and control how they are represented by the UG. It is not
clear from the meta web page or the community vote how this will work,
apart from the implicit assumption that funding paid to UG projects is
effectively managed as a WMUK continuing programme. Presumably the UG
will not be requesting funds from the WMF or via the FDC process
separate from WMUK's FDC procedure.

The original vote at the Welsh Wikipedia compared the aims to that of
the Basque UG.[2] However based on their scope, the Basque UG does not
officially represent any other affiliate or Chapter.

Links
1. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Community_User_Group_Wales
2.
https://cy.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicipedia:Sefydlu_Gr%C5%B5p_Defnyddwyr_Wicimedia