Hoi,
There is much in the 2018/19 plan that I like. What I like is that it aims
to align all Wikimedia efforts into one coherent plan.

There are a few things where a different approach can be considered.
Michael Peel made a good suggestion and complementary to this I would
increase the fund raising effort away from the United States. People who I
do not characterise as trolls tell me that it is justified to spend so much
money in the USA because it is where the money has been raised. In addition
to this proper fund raising raises visibility profoundly; Wikimedia is a
project that deserves (y)our money, (y)our effort!

As it is, too much money is spend on English Wikipedia related activities
(including software). The best way to point this out, is comparing it with
our traffic; less than 50% of our traffic is English Wikipedia.

While I applaud the use of artificial intelligence, it has one huge
problem. It is what the data is uses is based on. Arguably this works well
for the subjects we already cover well. But what about the subjects we do
not properly cover, the subjects that matter more outside our comfort zone.
Subjects like the Ottoman Empire, pre Raj India..

We also miss opportunities when we remain as inward looking as we have
been. We have done well is libraries and librarians (particularly in
English). The question is what is our aim? Is it our own good; citations
for articles so that we become more robust or is our intention to have our
audience, our readers read more (an objective we share with librarians).
Read more books for instance. Once the links hidden in Freebase pointers to
OpenLibrary becomes available, the OL folks will disambiguate its
identifiers and provide us with their latest links. As a consequence we can
easily open up books available for reading.. There are many high quality
citations in there, there is no cost and, it is legally ok.

So yes, we are doing well. It is just that we could be more effective.
Thanks,
       GerardM

[1] https://tools.wmflabs.org/reasonator/?&q=12560