There are topics where generally there is a lot of POV pushing (not
necessarily fake news, just people adding unreferenced or poorly referenced
POV material), for example see

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Crimea

which contains a lot of both pro-Russian and pro-Ukrainian pushing.
However, when it aggravates, it is easily stopped by applying a protection.
There are few administrators watching these topics (I used to be one of
them), but the protection requests rarely get rejected if the disruption is
ongoing.

An example of more difficult situation is

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalan_independence_referendum,_2017

where two groups of editors, pro-independence and anti-independence, are
operating with two groups of sources (Catalan and Spanish central
government) which often contradict each other. Most of the editors seem to
be good-faith, but at the talk page they do not seem to be able to agree
with each other, and the article generally can not be trusted. I am afraid
the community does not have any capacity to go into details of the sources
and to mediate the conflict.

And articles like this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_separatist_movements_in_Europe

can contain all kind of bullshit, nobody cares. I do  not think we
currently have enough bandwidth to clean all these articles up, and the POV
pushers know this.

Cheers
Yaroslav