Dear Wikimedians,

The Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) meets twice a year to make
recommendations about how to effectively allocate movement funds to achieve
the Wikimedia movement's mission, vision, and strategy.  This is now the
12th round of allocations made by the FDC, and we met in person from June
1-3, 2018 in Lisbon to deliberate on 5 proposals submitted in this round.

We would like to thank all of the participating organizations for the hard
work they put into this round’s proposals.

Our recommendations for Round 2 2017-2018 on the annual plan grants to the
Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees have now been posted on Meta.[1] The
Board will review our deliberations and make a decision by June 30, 2018.

We received grant requests for approximately USD 1,289,978 this round.
Before we met, committee members reviewed all of the proposals and
documents submitted.  We were assisted in this review with input from the
FDC staff assessments which included analysis on impact, finances, and
programs, as well as community comments on the proposals.

There is a formal process to submit complaints or appeals about these
recommendations. Appeals may be filed with the Wikimedia Foundation Board
before 8 June 2018. Anyone can file a complaint about the FDC process [2]
with the Ombudsperson at any time. The complaint should be submitted on
wiki. The Ombudsperson will publicly document the complaint, and
investigate as needed.

The Wikimedia Foundation Board will publish its decision on this and all
recommendations by June 30, 2018.

On behalf of the FDC,

Bishakha Datta
FDC Chair