Hi Nicole,

Generally I like how the groups are organized. I have a few questions and
comments.

1. The Product & Technology working group seems like it has a large scope
for a single group. Also, the people who are in that working group will
probably want to sync with TechCom and with the "Platform Evolution"
initiative. Have you considered dividing this group's responsibilities into
two (or more) groups, and how to synchronize this group's work with TechCom
and the Platform Evolution initiative?

2. It appears that Working Groups page asks for members of the groups to
commit to a minimum of five hours per week for nine months. That seems to
be a very high commitment to ask from volunteers, especially when people
would be adding their WG activities on top of their existing
responsibilities and/or de-prioritize other valuable Wikimedia activities
in favor of WG activity. Also, if I estimate 10 members per group times 9
groups times 5 hours per week times 39 weeks, then that means that the WG
activities would consume 17,550 volunteer hours, which seems excessive. I
suggest that you reduce the commitment that you request to an average of
one hour per week per person, which would likely result in more people
being willing to volunteer and reduce the diversion of people's time from
other valuable activities, and that you accordingly make any necessary
adjustments to plans for paid staff to support the WGs.

3. Has the budget for the 2nd phase of the strategy process been published?
I am not asking for a promise that the process will cost a fixed amount,
but I would hope to see detailed cost estimates and explanations of how
estimates were made.

Thanks!

Pine