On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 3:33 PM, James Salsman <jsals...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are there any specific reasons that the Foundation should remain
> neutral on any topic, economic, political, or otherwise, which clearly
> impacts the readership or community?

Well, off the top of my head: to avoid compromising the appearance of
the projects and the movement as neutral providers of information; to
avoid bad publicity; to avoid antagonizing governments or corporate
interests; to avoid compromising the Foundation's tax-exempt status;
to avoid fragmenting the resources and attention of the movement; to
avoid creating divisions within the projects and the movement that
would make it more difficult for volunteers to work together.

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 1:01 AM, James Salsman <jsals...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've spoken with perhaps fifty wikimedians over the past couple years,
> and I simply do not believe that more than 20% could wish such ill
> will on their peers.

Let me be bold and suggest that around 99% of the people on this list
disagree with the percentages you keep making up.

Emufarmers