We are getting down to brass tacks, finally.

The interests of WMF are not whether the immigration regulations
changes "threaten
the ability of the US to attract skilled talent into the country", but
rather whether they have such an effect on the WMF and Wikimedia community
("WMF&Co.").  If WMF and its lobbying allies carved out some kind of
special treatment for a class of workers relevant to WMF&Co.

For WMF to have technical resource centers outside the US is fully
consistent with the global nature of the community.  Should it find it
desirable to move its legal domicile or some or all of its administrative
activities or more of its servers outside the US, it should do so.

The raising-the-drawbridge rhetoric simply clouds the efforts to determine
and do what's actually best for WMF&Co.

Dennis C. During