Hello Mathieu!  I agree that tracing the full history of a data cite is
important, independent of license.  I'm thinking about scalable solutions
for this.
It's definitely not the only factor in reliability; but it does matter who
entered the data (for instance) as one way to estimate the importance of
doublechecking a cited source to confirm that the data is found there.