I'm forwarding my Movement Strategy proposals for wider comment.

Best regards,
Jim

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: James Salsman <jsals...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 8:06 PM
Subject: Movement Strategy Working Group goal proposals some of which
overlap Thematic Areas
To: kvai...@wikimedia.org
Cc: Nicole Ebber <nicole.eb...@wikimedia.de>, Ad Huikeshoven
<ad.huikesho...@gmail.com>, Pine W <wiki.p...@gmail.com>

Hi Kaarel,

Thank you for facilitating the Movement Strategy teleconference.

As promised, here are the Working Group proposals I would like to
make, each of which is listed with the applicable Thematic Area(s)
from the abbreviations below. I hope this helps resolve the issue of
how to assign questions which overlap in different Areas.

[R&R] [COM] [DIV] [ADV] Movement leaders need to advocate for policies
which directly support the informed, healthy, and abundant
availability of community volunteers. I.e.
https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2018-June/090494.html
;

[R&R] [REV] [ADV] CFO should be trying to achieve capital appreciation
instead of cash retention, the former being a refinement of the
latter, and our investments should be consistent with our principles
-- https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2018-January/089458.html
-- and --
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Jimbo_Wales/Archive_227&oldid=828849352#Warren_Buffett_investment_lessons_and_our_endowment_fund
;

[R&R] [PAR] [T&P] [CAP] intelligibility remediation on Wiktionary as a
Foundation
technology development project http://j.mp/scraise ;

[R&R] [COM] [T&P] [CAP] [DIV] [ADV] we should not be logging
personally identifiable information which might increase our subpoena
burden or result in privacy violation incidents. Fuzzing geolocation
is okay, but we should not be transmitting IP addresses into logs
across even a LAN, for example, and we certainly shouldn't be
purchasing hardware with backdoor coprocessors wasting electricity and
exposing us to government or similar intrusions
https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/analytics/2017-January/005696.html
;

[R&R] [RES] [COM] [CAP] [DIV] [ADV] we need to make sure our economics
articles aren't pro-austerity or pro-trickle down --
https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2018-May/090181.html
-- and, e.g. --
https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wiki-research-l/2018-April/006256.html
;

[R&R] [RES] [COM] [T&P] [CAP] [DIV] we need to provide more
telepresence opportunities for participation -- I do not have a
current URL for the best telepresence robots, but e.g. Amazon likely
does -- I do note that the Smithsonian recently started featuring a
robot docent  ;

[R&R] [RES] [PAR] [COM] [DIV] [ADV] we should add an essay contest
into the Education program
https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/education/2018-May/002002.html ;

[R&R] [RES] [COM] [DIV] [ADV] we should be demanding compulsory
royalties for Wikipedians --
https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/publicpolicy/2016-December/001559.html
;

[R&R] [REV] [PAR] [CAP] We should grow the Endowment with exclusive
fundraiser galas competing with the World Economic Forum for the most
exclusive fundraising events; and

(via Pine) [R&R] [RES] [COM] [CAP] Working Groups should be allowed to
make exceptions to the hour requirements in pursuit of expertise and
diversity -- Kaarel, you mentioned you have already added language to
address this issue.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Best regards,
Jim