On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 10:23 AM Shlomi Fish <shlo...@shlomifish.org> wrote:

> Hi Itzik,
>

> I do not oppose the LGBT movement, but please explain how an official support
> of that falls under the global Wikimedia project's mission, and does not
> dilute our policy of avoiding having a stance on issues that are unrelated to
> it?

I mean... yeah.

As an LGBT Wikimedian I entirely support changing this law, and I can
completely understand staff members wanting to take part in the
demonstrations, and the organisation wanting to support them in doing
that.

But I really don't see why Wikimedia Israel should formally involve
itself in a general social-policy issue that's nothing specifically to
do with our mission. We need to be careful not to try to be a
general-purpose progressive movement.

Regards,

Chris