On 25 July 2018 at 14:14, John Lubbock <john.lubb...@wikimedia.org.uk> wrote:

> Just wanted to make you all aware of a useful new feature of the Wikipedia
> mobile app. You can share text from any Wikipedia page as a nice image

Unless there is also a mechanism for including the text /as text/,
usually by using the "alt" attribute (sometimes erroneously referred
to as "alt text", I hope people won't do this.

Images of text are inaccessible to people with visual impairment (who
use software to read text out loud); or with no image display in their
user agent (such as the free access to Facebook provided by many
mobile telephone providers, like those some of us used at Wikimania
last week).

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing