On 22 August 2018 at 09:24, Antoine Musso <hashar+...@free.fr> wrote:

> On 21/08/2018 21:01, Andy Mabbett wrote:

>>> The text I cited has now been changed to "All text on Wikimedia sites
>>> is available as Creative Commons material".
>>>
>>> This does not resolve the issue I raised above; as my first bullet
>>> point applies not only to media files, but also to numerous texts on
>>> Wikimedia sites; not least a large part of Wikisource.
>> This is still the case. When will it be fixed? Will it?

>>> This image is still on the pages I mentioned.
>> And still is; over two weeks after I first pointed it out. No-one at
>> WMF has even acknowledged my comment.

> As several people pointed out, the issues should be reported on
> Phabricator. As "a b" stated on August 12th:

If "several people" pointed this out, they did not do so on this list.
perhaps you can provide a link to where they did so.

Had I seen anyone point that out I would have commented then, as I do
now, that that is not an acceptable position to take, for reasons
which I'll leave as an exercise for the reader.

I'll also note that a a member of WMF staff, using their wikimedia.org
email address, has thanked people, in this thread, for feedback given
/in this thread/.

>> Please file the relevant tasks in phabricator to enable better tracking of
>> issues compared to on the mailing list:
>> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/?tags=wikimediafoundation.org

You've quoted that unattributed, in manner (two chevrons) that makes
it appear to have been said my me. In fact, it was said by a b
<cheeseyapac...@gmail.com> on 11 August 2018 at 23:19

> To which you kindly replied:
>
>> Thank you; no.

Indeed so; for the same reason as I indicated above, and as others
have pointed out in this thread.

> So your concerns will be acknowledged once they make their way to
> Phabricator. You can login there with your wiki account.

Were I to perform that redundant clerical task, perhaps they would.

> Until you do so, your concerns will stay under the radar on this list.

That's rather an odd assertion, given that I posted a pointer to my
last update on this list, here:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Wikimedia_Foundation_website&diff=18292898&oldid=18291338

being the talk page of a page Gregory Varnum has told us, in this very
thread, to use for giving feedback. I note that Gregory has since
edited that talk page, so can be presumed to have seen it; albeit he
did not give a reply.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing