Perhaps stating the obvious, but please remember there were some
significant flaws with the consultation by the WMF that you refer to
(especially with regards to the way questions were phrased and options were
limited beforehand, if I recall correctly).

Wikimania's purpose is mostly pluriform and suits different needs for
different people. That makes it particularly hard to evaluate - I grant you
that. But given the diverse directions that we're trying to bring together,
ranging from individuals to highly professionalized 100+ employee
organizations, this is to be expected. To reduce costs, we have squashed
more and more activities into this one annual event. That further
reinforces the pluriform nature of the event(s). At this point it's hard to
see Wikimania as an event, and it has more become like a piece of
infrastructure that is being used by many events - including the main
conference, but also tons of meetups, preconferences, committee meetings,
strategy processes, consultations and side conferences.

Lodewijk