Hi everyone,

The open call for the Wikimedia Foundation Project Grants program will
begin on November 1, when we begin public review of new proposals.  The
final deadline is November 30th for all submissions. <
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project>. Importantly, this will be
the only open call for Project Grants in the current fiscal year, which
ends on June 30th 2019.

We are also seeking additional volunteer candidates to expand the Project
Grants Committee.  More information is provided at the end of this email.

Project Grant funds are available to support individuals, groups and
organizations to implement new experiments and proven ideas, whether
focused on building a new tool or gadget, organizing a better process on
your wiki, researching an important issue, coordinating an editathon series
or providing other support for community building.

We offer the following resources to help you plan your project and complete
a grant proposal:
* Tutorials for writing a strong application: <
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Tutorial>
* General planning page for Project Grants:  <
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Plan>
* Program guidelines and criteria: <
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Learn>

Program officers are also available to offer individualized proposal
support upon request.  Contact us at projectgra...@wikimedia.org if you
would like feedback or more information.

We are excited to see your grant ideas that will support our community and
make an impact on the future of Wikimedia projects.  Put your idea into
motion, and submit your proposal by November 30th! <
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Apply>

Volunteering for the Project Grants Committee
We are also seeking candidates to participate in the Project Grants
Committee, the volunteer decision-making body that reviews all Project
Grant proposals and decides which projects to fund.  Committee members have
diverse backgrounds with skill sets like:
* On-wiki editing and experience
* Experience leading, coordinating, or managing projects with an intended
on-wiki or online impact.
* Background in handling externally provided money and working within
budgets, preferably in a non-profit context.
* Any grants you've applied for or worked in grant programs (in the
Wikimedia, academic, or wider non-profit world).
* Expertise in areas like knowledge equity or knowledge as a service, that
will help us move toward our movement strategic direction
* Software or research expertise
If you are interested in serving as a committee member, you cand find more
information and submit your candidacy here by November 15th: <
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Committee/Candidates>

Please feel free to get in touch with questions about getting started with
your grant application, or about serving on the Project Grants Committee.
Contact us at projectgra...@wikimedia.org.

Take care,

Chris

Chris "Jethro" Schilling